Senior Application Engineer - Financial Services
Are you motivated to work hands-on on key customer projects? Do you have experience in modeling and software development in languages such as MATLAB or Python? Then now is a good time to join our growing team expanding MathWorks’ footprint in the Finance industry across Europe.
As part of an international team, you will tackle our major European Financial Services customers’ technical and business challenges by directly supporting their key software projects. In collaboration with different sales and technical teams, you will guide them towards efficiently using the MATLAB product family for larger development projects, help creating production-ready applications and show how to interface with existing IT environments.
The key to your success will be based on your ability to build trusted relationships, internally as well as with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, your deep technical expertise as well as your motivation for continuous improvement make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Provide hands-on support for our customers’ modeling and software development projects
- Develop proof of concepts to introduce new technologies and approaches
- Provide feedback to MathWorks' software development team to influence the next generation of tools
- Build relationships with our key customers across the Financial Services industry and become a trusted advisor
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit for the European Union
- Candidates must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time
- Candidates must be fluent in French and English (verbally and written)
- University degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Science or similar
- Expertise in developing software tools for (financial) engineering and/or scientific applications
- Professional experience in the Financial Services as well as knowledge in financial modeling techniques are a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here