Build Process Customization
Customize the build process and the build process infrastructure for your application development environment and run-time requirements. Control the files and flags for compiling and linking your code.
Add Flags, Defines, Files, and Paths to Build Information Objects
|Add compiler options to build information|
|Add preprocessor macro definitions to build information|
|Add include files to build information|
|Add include paths to build information|
|Add link options to build information|
|Add link objects to build information|
|Add nonbuild-related files to build information|
|Add source files to build information|
|Add source paths to build information|
|Add template makefile (TMF) tokens to build information|
|Remove source files from build information object|
Find Arguments and Files in Build Information Objects
Get Flags, Defines, Files, and Paths from Build Information Objects
|Get build arguments from build information|
|Get compiler options from build information|
|Get preprocessor macro definitions from build information|
|Get list of files from build information|
|Get include files from build information|
|Get include paths from build information|
|Get link options from build information|
|Get nonbuild-related files from build information|
|Get source files from build information|
|Get source paths from build information|
Set Output Options in Build Information Objects
Update File Paths, Extensions, and Separators in Build Information Objects
Configure Custom Target
Build Generated Code
Customize Build Process
- Approaches for Building Code Generated from Simulink Models
Choose CMake, toolchain, or template makefile approach for building generated code.
- Template Makefiles and Make Options
Template makefiles that are built into the code generator.
- Control Build Process Compiling and Linking
Select whether build process ends after code generation and (for template makefile approach) select template makefile options.
- Control Compiler Optimizations
Control compiler optimizations for your makefile at the Simulink UI level.
- Control Library Location and Naming During Build
Choose the location for precompiled, non-precompiled, and model reference libraries and select the file extension that the build process applies to libraries.
- Control Regeneration of Top Model Code
Choose options for regenerating code for the top-level model.
- Reduce Build Time for Referenced Models by Using Parallel Builds
Apply parallel builds to reduce build time for large model reference hierarchies.
- Use makecfg to Customize Generated Makefiles for S-Functions
Configure makefile generation for the S-function build process.
- Customize Post-Code-Generation Build Processing
Modify the build process with a post-code-generation command and (optionally) use build information objects to augment this process.
- Relocate or Share Generated Code
Package and relocate generated code and artifacts to another development environment.
- Compile Code in Another Development Environment
Relocate generated code and compile in another environment.
Customize Build Process Infrastructure
- Register Custom Toolchain and Build Executable
Register and use a toolchain to build an executable program.
- Customize Build Process with STF_make_rtw_hook File
Modify the build process with the build process hook mechanism in a custom
- Customize Build Process with sl_customization.m
Modify the build process with the build process hook mechanism in a custom sl_customization.m hook file.
- Replace STF_rtw_info_hook Supplied Target Data
For custom targets created prior to MATLAB® Release 14, update use of custom
hook for specifying target-specific characteristics.
Develop Custom Target
- Custom Targets
Create software to deploy MATLAB and Simulink® designs to hardware platforms.
- Customize System Target Files
Develop a custom system target file to meet development goals and to control code generation.
- Custom Target Optional Features
Add optional feature support to a custom system target file for compliance with code generation features, such as toolchain compliance and model reference compliance.
- Support Toolchain Approach with Custom Target
Add toolchain approach support to a custom system target file for more user-interface controls of the build process.
- Support C Function Prototype Control
Add C function prototype control support to a custom system target file for more build process control.
- Support Model Referencing
Add model reference support to a custom system target file for model reference builds.
- Support Compiler Optimization Level Control
Add compiler optimization level control support to a custom system target file for more build process control.
- Support Concurrent Execution of Multiple Tasks
Add multitasking execution support to a custom system target file for multicore target models.
- Device Drivers
Use device drivers as part of a real-time development project.