CB2 allows you to:
- generate or import airfoils,
- parametrize them with PARSEC, CST, or a variant of the Karman-Trefftz method,
- optimize the chosen airfoil choosing between gradient method and simulated annealing,
- choose your objective function and optimization parameters,
- set both parametrical and physical constraints on the airfoil optimization,
- use it as a XFoil front-end thanks to the GUI guiding the process from the start to the post-processing.
CB2 needs XFoil 6.99 executables in the "Solver" folder.
- Bellini, Fabio
- Bonfanti, Nicholas
- Chieti, Stefano
- Civati, Mauro
Nicholas (2020). CB2: Airfoil Optimization with GUI (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/65251-cb2-airfoil-optimization-with-gui), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
How long does this take to normally run? I'm using a NACA-0012 with 200 points on the gradient solver and it's been running for roughly 30 minutes.
This software is so useful, you can optimize easily every kind of airfoil.
Inspired by: cosspace, NACA 4 digit Airfoil Generator, NACA 5 digit Airfoil Generator, Xfoil Interface, Airfoil generation using CST parameterization method, PARSEC airfoil polynomial coefficient solver
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!