ROI panel provides a way to add one or more ROI (Region of Interest) above the image. The ROIs may be used to analyse or do filtering in only the ROI defined parts of the dataset.
The implementation of the ROI mode was updated in MIB version 0.998 using the code of the Image Measurement Utility written by Jan Neggers, Eindhoven Univeristy of Technology.
Define type of a ROI to add. Several ROI types are available. By default, an inteactive mode for placing of the ROIs is enabled, however it is possible to add ROIs manually using the Define parameters manually panel (2.) under the ROI type combo box.
- Rectangle, rectangular ROI. To add: press the Add button (4.) and define two corners of the ROI using the left mouse button. Modify ROI if needed and double click above the ROI to accept it
- Ellipse, ellipsoid ROI. To add: press the Add button (4.) and define a center and a side of the ellipse using the left mouse button. Modify ROI if needed and double click above the ROI to accept it
- Polyline, adds a polyline object with desired number of vertices. The number of vertices can be selected in the Define parameters manually panel. To add: press the Add button (4.) and click as many times as number of defined vertices. Modify ROI if needed (it is possible to add extra vertices: press and hold the A key followed by pressing of the left mouse button to add a new vertice). To remove the vertex press right mouse button above the vertex and select Delete. Finally double click above the ROI to accept it
- Lasso, a freehand drawing of a ROI. To add: press the Add button (4.), hold the left mouse key while drawing the ROI. After the RIO has been drawn it is converted into the ROI polyline object with the suggestion for the reduction of number of vertices (large number of vertices reduces rendering of images significantly, so it is recommended to reduce number of vertices during this convertion to the ROI polyline)
This panel offers a posibility to place ROI to specific position. To do that, please check the manually checkbox and provide required coordinates. When done press the Add button (4.) to add a ROI.
This checkbox can be used to fix aspect ratio of ROIs during initial placing or later during their modification.
Press the Add button to add a ROI to the image.
Press the Remove button to delete a ROI highlighed in the ROI list.
Add area under the shown ROI to the Selection layer.
The ROI List may be used to select single or all ROIs for filtering or analysis. Additional actions are available for the ROIS:
- Rename, change the name of ROI
- Edit, modify position of the ROI
- Remove, delete ROI from the list
Define visualization options for ROIs
Load ROI from a disk.
Save ROI information to disk in Matlab format (a structure with label, type, X, Y, orientation fields).
When enabled, a text with the label of the selected ROI is displayed in the Image View panel.
When checked the ROIs are shown in the Image View panel. Alternatively the viewing state of the ROI objects may be switched using the R button in the Toolbar.