ISO 26262 Process Deployment Advisory Service
MathWorks Consulting Services works with you to migrate your existing process—whether based on manual methods or Model-Based Design—to a process framework for using Model-Based Design with ISO 26262. Customized to your specific environment, tools, and application, the ISO 26262 Process Deployment Advisory Service identifies gaps in your current processes, develops a road map to a more optimized process framework using Model-Based Design, and works with you to deploy that road map.
The ISO 26262 Process Deployment Advisory Service is delivered by senior-level MathWorks Consultants with knowledge gained from years of developing high-integrity software in collaboration with customers in the automotive industry. MathWorks Consulting Services helps organizations avoid common mistakes and reduce the time, effort, and cost to develop high-integrity embedded systems that satisfies ISO 26262 objectives.
MathWorks Consulting Services works with you to:
Perform key activities advised by ISO 26262
- Requirements traceability
- Requirements-based testing and coverage of models
- Model standards checking using Simulink Model Advisor
- Reviews, static analysis, and inspection of software and model architecture
- Test case generation and design analysis using Simulink Design Verifier
- Tool configuration and code generation using Embedded Coder
- Software-in-the-loop and processor-in-the-loop testing of generated and compiled code
- Tool qualification using IEC Certification Kit (for ISO 26262)
- Generation of work products needed for ISO 26262 compliance
Plan and execute
- Transform your company’s development process while gaining efficiency improvements
- Identify and execute a phased approach to achieving efficiency gains
Train your team
- Learn the fundamentals of the ISO 26262 standard
- Learn how to fully leverage Model-Based Design to maximize benefits
- Become self-sufficient by building a center of expertise for Model-Based Design
The steps to deployment vary by company and application. MathWorks Consulting Services draws on product expertise and industry background to tailor the process to fit your needs. Steps to deployment may include:
- Evaluation of Existing Processes and Tools — Review your current embedded software development process, tools, application, determined ASIL level (A-D), and required Tool Confidence Levels (TCLs).
- Gap Analysis — Perform a gap analysis to identify current challenges, process efficiency improvements, training, and other recommendations for migrating to an ISO 26262 process framework using Model-Based Design. Develop an actionable road map that includes a phased approach to achieve recommended improvements.
- Knowledge Transfer — Provide instruction to fill identified gaps. Topics might include the TÜV SÜD certified process framework for using Model-Based Design with ISO 26262, tool automation to perform key development activities, with specific tools and topics based on a list of prioritized needs.
- Hands-On Deployment Support — Support implementation of the recommended process to a specific project. Assist with modeling, simulation, code generation, verification, validation, customization of the IEC Certification Kit and certification. Help with preparing customized ISO 26262 method tables for ISO-compliant workflow documentation and generating ISO 26262 tool qualification artifacts.
Contact MathWorks Consulting Services to discuss your specific requirements.
"We leveraged MathWorks Consultants to apply Model-Based Design for ISO 26262 on our new Integrated Restraints and Braking Controller (IRBC) developed with Simulink, Stateflow, Simulink Design Verifier, and Embedded Coder for production code generation and verification."Rich Rakes, Lead Engineer, Autoliv
John Lee is a senior consultant engineer who works with customers in the automotive and commercial vehicles industry to address embedded controls development challenges and implement Model-Based Design. John’s current technical focus is on model verification and validation techniques and ISO 26262. With over 15 years of industry experience, John has worked for Caterpillar and Delphi in a variety of applications ranging from diesel cold start control, semi-active suspension systems, and automotive interior modules. John received his B.S. and M.S. in mechanical engineering from the Ohio State University.