"Bytes and Beats" Courseware
Download free courseware for Bytes and Beats - An Introduction to Programming with MATLAB, authored by MathWorks.
Bytes and Beats – updated courseware works on MATLAB installed on your computer and on MATLAB Online with no additional hardware
Bytes and Beats – original courseware requires MATLAB installed on your computer and uses the Arduino board
Course Materials Include:
- Instructor guide
- 5 lesson plans
- 8 student activity worksheets
- MATLAB code files
Bytes and Beats
An Introduction to Programming with MATLAB
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of programming with MATLAB while making their own music with sensors. With the same programming language used by scientists and engineers, students will turn if-statements, for-loops, and functions into rhythms, melodies, and harmonies through an Arduino board and sensors. Working in groups, students can compose and visualize their own music and invent their own symphonic creations. No prior knowledge of programming or working with electronics is required.
- Learn the basics of programming, music, and working with hardware
- Learn how sound is created, and produce and customize sound waves
- Learn how to identify and explain the steps in a problem-solving process
- Learn how to use MATLAB functions, for-loops, and an Arduino board