Capabilities and Features
MATLAB Coder, Simulink Coder, and Embedded Coder generate ANSI/ISO C/C++ code that can be compiled and executed on NXP™ processors. Embedded Coder lets you easily configure the code generated from MATLAB and Simulink algorithms to control software interfaces, optimize execution performance, and minimize memory consumption.
Using NXP toolboxes based on Embedded Coder, you can generate code from your Simulink models and implement it directly on the supported processors listed below, generate processor-optimized code, perform processor-in-the-loop (PIL) tests with execution profiling, and use a full set of I/O devices and peripherals.
You can also use Embedded Coder to create your own NXP processor-specific customizations using published APIs and reference examples. For example, you can generate processor-specific (non-ANSI) optimized code.
MATLAB Coder, Simulink Coder, and Embedded Coder generate ANSI/ISO C/C++ code that can be compiled and executed on any DSP or microcontroller, including the devices listed below:
|8 bit||16 bit||32 bit||64 bit|
|HC08 MCUs||HC12, HC16 MCUs||S32 Processors and MCUs||QorIQ® ARM® Processors|
|HC05, HC11 MCUs||HCS12, S12X MCUs||MPC55xx/MPC56xx/MPC57xx Automotive and Industrial MCUs|
|RS08, S08 MCUs||DSP5685x, DSP56F8xx DSCs||Kinetis® ARM Cortex® MCUs|
|LPC9XX/80C51||MC56F8xx DSCs||i.MX Application Processors|
|S12 MagniV®||i.MX RT Crossover Processors|
|MC56F81xxx, MC56F83xxx, MC56F84xxx DSCs
|MPC7xxx, MPC8xxx Power Architecture® (PowerPC®)|
|MPC5xxx (Qorivva) Power Architecture Automotive MCUs|
|QorIQ Processing Platforms
QorIQ Qonverge® Platform
|Vybrid® Controller Solutions|
LPC55xx ARM Cortex-M33-Based MCUs
|MAC57Dxxx ARM-Based MCUs|
NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox support includes:
- S32K1: Automotive Microcontrollers for General Purpose
- i.MX-RT1010: Crossover MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 Core
- i.MX-RT1060: Crossover MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 Core
- i.MX-RT1064: Crossover MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 Core
- i.MX-RT1170: Crossover MCU Family - First GHz MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M7 and Cortex-M4 Cores
- KV3x: Kinetis® KV3x-100–120 MHz, Advanced 3ph FOC / Sensorless Motor Control MCUs based on Arm® Cortex®-M4
- KV4x: Kinetis KV4x-168 MHz, High Performance Motor / Power Conversion MCUs based on Arm® Cortex®-M4
- KV5x: Kinetis® KV5x-240 MHz, Motor Control and Power Conversion, Ethernet, MCUs based on Arm® Cortex®-M7
- MPC574xP: Ultra-Reliable MCU for Automotive and Industrial Safety Applications
- MPC574xB/C/G: Ultra-Reliable MCUs for Automotive & Industrial Control and Gateway
- MPC574xR: Automotive & Industrial Engine Management MCU
- MPC577xC: Ultra-Reliable MCU for Automotive and Industrial Engine Management
- MPC577xB/E: Microcontrollers for Battery Management Systems (BMS) and Inverter Applications
- S12ZVMx: Mixed-Signal MCU for Automotive and Industrial Motor Control Applications
NXP Vision Toolbox for MATLAB support includes:
- S32V234: Vision Processor for Front and Surround View Camera, Machine Learning, and Sensor Fusion
Except for the FRDM-K64F and FRDM-KL25Z, MathWorks does not offer an Embedded Coder hardware support package for devices listed on this page. Third-party connection hardware and software products may exist, such as those listed above from NXP, and MathWorks Consulting Services is available to aid with hardware integrations.
NXP and various NXP products listed above are trademarks of NXP B.V. All rights reserved. © 2019 NXP B.V.