Capabilities and Features
The Simulink Support Package for Parrot® Minidrones lets you design and build flight control algorithms for Parrot minidrones. You can deploy algorithms wirelessly over Bluetooth® Low Energy. The algorithms can access onboard sensors—such as the ultrasonic, accelerometer, gyroscope, and air pressure sensors—as well as the downward facing camera.
Simulink add-on tools provide additional capabilities. The support package includes an example based on Aerospace Blockset that lets you model 6-DOF equations of motion and simulate aircraft behavior under various flight and environmental conditions. Simulink Coder lets you record flight data on the minidrone and access the C code generated from Simulink models.
You can add to existing example models and algorithms to enhance predefined flight controllers or start from scratch and develop new flight control algorithms.
- Automatically deploy algorithms designed in Simulink to Parrot Minidrones for flight control
- Obtain images from the down-facing camera to design and deploy vision algorithms for guidance, navigation, and control
- Learn about the sensors and algorithms needed to control a palm-sized drone with the example included in Aerospace Blockset documentation. (See the example update for version 17.1.1 of the support package in release 2017a; for version 17.2.2 use the example in R2017b Update 4).
- Use Simulink template models to develop new simulations, flight control algorithms, and projects
- Use a Flight Control User Interface to remotely run the flight controller deployed on the drone or to override, if necessary
- Use the host computer keyboard to control the minidrone wirelessly from Simulink with the Keyboard Read block
Learn more about MATLAB and Simulink by participating in the MathWorks Minidrone Competition, hosted at multiple locations across the world.
About Parrot Minidrones
- Weighs about 0.12 lb (less than the 0.55 lb required by FAA for registration)
- Includes ultrasonic, 6-DOF, air pressure and down-facing camera sensors
- Has a battery life of approximately seven minutes
Platform and Release Support
See the hardware support package system requirements table for current and prior version, release, and platform availability.
Join the Community
Ask a question or share your files with the MATLAB community.