Improve Problem-Based Organization and Performance
This category provides details of problem-based solutions and gives suggestions for more specialized tasks. For basic tasks and introductory workflows, see Get Started with Problem-Based Optimization and Equations.
The first section discusses ways to improve performance when creating or tuning a problem.
The second section shows how to improve performance when an objective or constraint contains
The third section gives tips for using the problem-based approach effectively.
Set Up Problems for Efficient Solution
- Create Efficient Optimization Problems
Obtain a faster or more accurate solution when the problem has integer constraints, and avoid loops when creating a problem.
- Objective and Constraints Having a Common Function in Serial or Parallel, Problem-Based
Save time when the objective and nonlinear constraint functions share common computations in the problem-based approach.
- Tune Solution for Analysis
Techniques for effective use of the analysis capabilities in the problem-based approach.
- Supply Derivatives in Problem-Based Workflow
How to include derivative information in problem-based optimization when automatic derivatives do not apply.
- Effect of Automatic Differentiation in Problem-Based Optimization
Automatic differentiation lowers the number of function evaluations for solving a problem.
- Static Analysis of Optimization Expressions
Describes static analysis of optimization expressions, a part of the
- Create for Loop for Static Analysis
How to create a for loop in separate function for static analysis.
- Convert Constraints in for Loops for Static Analysis
How to create a for loop for constraints in separate function for static analysis.
Tips for Problem-Based Setup
- Use Problem-Based Optimize Live Editor Task Effectively
How to use and understand the problem-based Optimize Live Editor task.
- Separate Optimization Model from Data
Create reusable, scalable problems by separating the model from the data.
- Named Index for Optimization Variables
Create and work with named indices for variables.
- Create Initial Point for Optimization with Named Index Variables
Create initial points for
solvewhen the problem has named index variables by using the
- Initialize Optimization Expressions
How initialize optimization expressions in functions, and how to recognize that you need to initialize them.
- Integer Constraints in Nonlinear Problem-Based Optimization
Learn how the problem-based optimization functions
solvehandle integer constraints.
- Obtain Generated Function Details
Find the values of extra parameters in nonlinear functions created by
- Output Function for Problem-Based Optimization
Use an output function in the problem-based approach to record iteration history and to make a custom plot.