Mathematics and Optimization
Develop, solve, and visualize mathematical models
Several MATLAB® products can help you to create and analyze mathematical models. These products offer multiple modeling approaches that include core and specialized mathematical tools, numeric and symbolic computation, and interactive and programmatic functionality.
Products for Mathematics and Optimization
Global Optimization Toolbox
Solve multiple maxima, multiple minima, and nonsmooth optimization problems
- Constrained Nonlinear Problem Using Optimize Live Editor Task or Solver (Optimization Toolbox)
Minimize a nonlinear function with a nonlinear constraint using a visual approach or a text-based approach.
- Constrained Electrostatic Nonlinear Optimization Using Optimization Variables (Optimization Toolbox)
Define objective and constraint functions for a structured nonlinear optimization in the problem-based approach.
- Fit ODE Parameters Using Optimization Variables (Optimization Toolbox)
Fit parameters of an ODE using problem-based least squares.
- Comparison of Six Solvers (Global Optimization Toolbox)
Explore some characteristics of global solvers.
- Solve Nonlinear Problem with Integer and Nonlinear Constraints (Global Optimization Toolbox)
Compare the solution of a nonlinear problem both with and without integer constraints.
- Optimize ODEs in Parallel (Global Optimization Toolbox)
Save time by calling an expensive subroutine just once and computing an ODE solution in parallel using
- Create Symbolic Numbers, Variables, and Expressions (Symbolic Math Toolbox)
Use symbolic values and variables to perform analytical calculations.
- Differentiation (Symbolic Math Toolbox)
Differentiate symbolic expressions and functions.
- Integration (Symbolic Math Toolbox)
Integrate symbolic expressions and functions.
- Comparison of 3-D Coordinate Systems (Mapping Toolbox)
Learn how to choose a coordinate transformation function based on your data.
- Create Maps with Data in Projected Coordinate Reference Systems (Mapping Toolbox)
Create a map using multiple data sets with coordinates in geographic and projected coordinate reference systems.
- Export Images and Raster Grids to GeoTIFF (Mapping Toolbox)
Write data referenced to standard geographic and projected coordinate systems to GeoTIFF files.
Partial Differential Equations
- Deflection Analysis of Bracket (Partial Differential Equation Toolbox)
Analyze a bracket under an applied load and determine the maximal deflection by using the unified workflow.
- Heat Transfer in Block with Cavity (Partial Differential Equation Toolbox)
Find the heat distribution in a block with a cavity by using the unified workflow.
- Electrostatic Potential in Air-Filled Frame (Partial Differential Equation Toolbox)
Find the electrostatic potential in an air-filled annular quadrilateral frame by using the unified workflow.