SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Portal)
Framework to efficiently configure, program, test and diagnose all modular and PC-based SIMATIC controllers
- Reduced engineering times thanks to integrated functions and graphical configuration
- Fast commissioning with efficient error localization, thanks to integrated system diagnostics, real-time trace, and high-performance online functions
- Short downtimes thanks to easy remote maintenance and diagnostics with web server and teleservice
- Investment security with reusable components, libraries, and compatibility
- Integration of Simulink® models using Simulink PLC Coder™
STEP 7 (TIA Portal) helps you perform your engineering tasks for SIMATIC controllers intuitively and efficiently. Thanks to its integration in TIA Portal, STEP 7 offers transparency, intelligent user navigation, and straightforward workflows in each task and programming step. Functions such as Drag & Drop, Copy & Paste, and Auto Complete make work much quicker and easier.
SIMATIC STEP 7 offers maximum user-friendliness, regardless of whether you are a beginner in the engineering field or already have many years of experience. For new users, the engineering is easy to learn and apply, whereas for experts, it is fast and efficient.
SIMATIC controllers are based on a range of hardware and software architectures. You are free to choose between a range of designs and performance classes. That means you can create compact controller solutions with integrated functions, powerful controllers for the toughest demands, or decentralized controllers for distributed architectures or on PC-based automation systems.
In addition to scalability, every SIMATIC controller offers integrated system functions including: Motion Control, a range of diagnostics, Safety Integrated, Security Integrated, and enhanced availability. The result is flexibility in designing or adapting automation solutions, without having to constantly accumulate more knowledge and expertise.
Simulink models can be integrated into the PLC program using Simulink PLC Coder. To do this, Simulink PLC Coder generates SCL code (based on IEC 61131-3 Structured Text), that can be directly imported to a PLC program using SIMATIC STEP 7. Alternatively you can use SIMATIC Target for Simulink for a C/C++ based integration to SIMATIC controllers.
- Industrial Controllers and PLCs
- Control Systems
- Embedded Systems
- Process Control and Monitoring
- Real-Time Systems
- Chemical and Petroleum
- Industrial Automation and Machinery
- Metals, Materials, and Mining
- Pulp and Paper
- Utilities and Energy