Modeling Synthetic Biology Systems with MATLAB and SimBiology
Modeling is an integral part of synthetic biology and the iGEM competition. Mathematical modelling guides the rational design of genetic modifications and enables synthetic biologists to better analyze and predict system behavior prior to fabrication. This webinar will provide iGEM teams with an introduction to modeling, simulation and analysis with MATLAB and SimBiology using an example from synthetic biology literature.
We will demonstrate key features including:
- Graphical modeling environment
- Model simulation using ordinary differential equation (ODE) solvers
- Interactive exploration of model sensitivity to parameters
- Streamlining parameter exploration via parameter sweeps
- Extending modeling environment using custom analysis tasks
Fulden is a Technical Evangelist at MathWorks focusing on computational biology products. She holds B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Chemical Engineering.
Recorded: 27 May 2015
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.