EMEA Senior Technical Consultant for Safety Critical System
The MathWorks is seeking a Senior Technical Consultant with Simulink expertise and significant experience in application software development with model-based design for safety critical systems in aeronautic or aerospace.
This position requires a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' development processes and engineering challenges
- Designing, explaining and implementing solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
- Passion for new software tools and technologies
Our goal is to deliver paid services to our customers to ensure their success in the areas of control design, code generation, and verification and validation of embedded software. The successful candidate will support major customers in France and across Europe in the usage of the Simulink family of products.
- Work with account managers to develop consulting opportunities in the control design and embedded systems markets, in a variety of industries with a particular focus on the aeronautic and aerospaceindustries.
- Deliver high quality advisory and implementation services to our customers in the context of certification. You will work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, pre-sales engineers and product developers.
- Provide feedback to The MathWorks' software development team to influence the next generation of software products.
- A master's degree and 10+ years of industry experience in aeronautic or aerospace is required
- Practical experience in executing projects in aeronautic, space or defense system, and software safety standards (eg DO-178C, DO-254 for FPGA...) is required (eg active participation in SOI preparation)
- Strong experience with Model-Based development ideally with MATLAB/Simulink
- Appropriate programming skills in C, C++ and software life cycle deployment (eg CI/CD) for safety critical development
- Autonomous and rigorous with ideally an experience in piloting projects with major aerospace/aeronautics & defence actors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time when the situation allows it. Most travels will be within Europe.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.