Digital Number Representation
In digital hardware, binary numbers are represented as either fixed-point or floating-point data types. Understanding how different data types are defined and represented in hardware can help you to choose data types that are appropriate for your application.
- Physical Quantities and Measurement Scales
Overview of measurement scales and representing numbers.
- Vantaggi dell’hardware in virgola fissa
L’hardware in virgola fissa può comportare dei vantaggi in termini di dimensioni e consumo energetico, utilizzo della memoria, velocità e costi.
- Data Types and Scaling in Digital Hardware
Provides an overview of data types and scaling in digital hardware.
- Supported Data Types
Data types supported for simulation and code generation.
- Fixed-Point Data Types
Fixed-point data types representation.
A weighted sum of bits represents the quantization of a real-world value.
- Fixed-Point Numbers in Simulink
Fixed-point data type and scaling notation used in Simulink®.
- numerictype of Fixed-Point Objects
Fields and settings for the
- Fixed-Point Versus Built-in Integer Types
Differences between fixed-point data types and built-in integer data types in MATLAB®.
- Fraction Lengths and Fixed-Point Numbers
Definitions for negative fraction length and fraction length greater than word length.