The program doesn't launch after the update has been failed
15 views (last 30 days)
After downloading MATLAB 2021b, in the same day of the program's setup, there was an update notification. So, after clicked on it, the update wizard kept launching until it mentioned that, as I remember, that it can't be performed. Since then the program doen't want to launch. Tried the following solutions but non of them work:
- Tried to uninstall the program from the Control Panel as well as from the uninstall.exe in C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2021b\uninstall\bin\win64 but showed the attached error message.
- Tried to reinstall it from the installation forlder (i.e., setup.exe) but said that something like it is already installed.
- Tried to apply the mentioned solution in this question: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/451089-matlab-doesn-t-open-it-s-installed-and-activated but didn't work as well.
- Tried the troubleshooting option in the machine but didn't make any difference.
- Even tried to shutdown and reopen the machine, but nothing changed.
Any suggestions, please.
Thank you very much in advance
BA on 20 Sep 2022
When you uninstall the program, there are still some remaining files on your computer so the issue will still persist even after you uninstall and reinstall the file.
What I would recommend doing is
1) Unsintall MATLAB again
2) After uninstalling, go to your windows search bar and type "%programdata"
3) Remove the MATLAB folder if it is there
4) Again, go to the windows search bar and type "%appdata%"
5) Remove the MATLAB folder if it is there
If it still doesn't work, watch this video to see how to completely remove any remnants of MATLAB from your computer but I think the steps I outlined above should do the trick
Image Analyst on 20 Sep 2022
Your fastest route to success is undoubtedly to do what it says in the FAQ:
By the way, why not just try the latest version R2022b? Why are you trying to install an old version?