Slow When Plotting on UIAxes
41 views (last 30 days)
Hi. I noticed that a MATLAB app made on app designer which plots directly on the UIAxes is much slower than one which plots on a separate figure (from up to a second delay to no noticeable delay at all). I was wondering why this might be the case, and if this is unavoidable, whether it's possible to embed the separate figure as well as the app into a website.
Benjamin Kraus on 17 Nov 2020
Edited: Benjamin Kraus on 17 Nov 2020
The figures created by App Designer are based around web technologies (like HTML and CSS) while the separate figures are based around Java technologies. Because of the different implementations, it is not unexpected that you may see some performance differences. However, the specific details depend a lot of the specifics of what you are plotting.
Can you provide more details about your app and what you are plotting? If not the actual data and code:
- What release of MATLAB are you using? The specific version of MATLAB can be important in diagnosing performance issues.
- What types of objects or graphics commands are you using?
- Roughly how many data points are you using?
- Do you know roughly how many graphics objects are you creating?
- Have you tried profiling your code to see what is taking the longest?