The LightingToolbox contains numerous Matlab functions for lighting reseach calculations, plotting and colorimetry. It is available under BSD3.0 license.
- Calculation functions
- Colorimetric functions
- Daylight functions
- Plot functions
- Image functions
- Measurement functions
The Lighting Toolbox contains various reference spectra provided by the Commission International d’Éclairage (CIE – International Commission on Illumination). The reference data is sourced from the CIE and permission to use the data in the Lighting Toolbox was granted. Any errors in the data set or in results generated with the Lighting Toolbox are not in the liability of the CIE nor me, see licence.
- Download the Lighting Toolbox and move it to a location of your choice.
- Start Matlab
- Add the Lighting Toolbox to Matlab's search path:
- Type: addpath(‘PATH_TO_LIGHTING_TOOLBOX\functions’) in the command window
- Or click “Set Path” button under Matlab HOME tab -> “Add Folder…” -> select folder -> confirm -> “Save”
- Test the Lighting Toolbox functionality:
- Type: plotciexy in the command window
- A plot of the CIE x and y chromaticity should appear
- The Lighting Toolbox is ready to use.
The LigthingToolbox is documenteted with numerous function examples on: https://frudawski.de/ligthing-toolbox/
Frederic Rudawski, Lighting Toolbox for Matlab and Octave, 2022, URL: https://frudawski.de/ligthing-toolbox/
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2022a
Compatible with any release
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!