Google Earth Toolbox
Updated 2 Feb 2012
The projects git repository can be found at:
You are welcome to join and contribute, or simply just use it. Either way have fun.
With the MATLAB functions within this toolbox, one can display spatially and temporally distributed data within Google Earth. It may be argued that converting the results of models and measurements to be able to view them in Google Earth is unnecessary since they can also be viewed within MATLAB itself. However, using Google Earth for evaluation of data can have some major advantages, a few of which are listed below:
1) very intuitive tools for navigating the view
2) retrieval of data from objects within the viewer
3) quick rendering of large files
4) interactively choosing which objects should be displayed
5) dynamic representation of time-variant data
Note: You must add the toolbox to your matlab path before you can use it or access help from the matlab start menu. For example:
from the command window.
scott lee davis (2023). Google Earth Toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/12954-google-earth-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox >
- Radar > Mapping Toolbox >
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > Web Maps >
- Radar > Mapping Toolbox > Web Maps >
- Google Earth >
- Sciences > Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences > Earth and Planetary Science >
Inspired: borders, GooglePlot, Download elevations from Google Maps (API key required), KML toolbox
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
updated license.html and removed Gnu references.
Bug fixes, improvements, etc. SVN log tells all at the google code repository.
Numerous bug fixes, aesthetic changes, and code cleanup.
Fixed several bugs in demo files involved with ge_colorbar. Fixed ge_colorbar.