MATLAB Support Package for USB Webcams
Acquire images and video from UVC compliant webcams.
Updated 15 Mar 2023
MATLAB® Support Package for USB Webcams enables you to bring live images from any USB video class (UVC) compliant Webcam into MATLAB. This includes Webcams that may be built into laptops or other devices, as well as those that plug into your computer via USB port.
Connect to your Webcam from the MATLAB desktop or through a web browser with MATLAB Online™. If you are using MATLAB Online, the support package is already installed for you.
- Detect all available UVC-compliant Webcams connected to your system.
- Connect to Webcam and acquire a single image or multiple images in a loop.
- Configure Webcam properties in Windows and Linux.
- Preview live video feed from Webcam.
- Interactively connect to a Webcam, set properties, capture images, and automatically generate equivalent MATLAB code using the "Acquire Webcam Image" Live Editor Task.
- MATLAB Support Package for USB Webcams Documentation
- Install instructions
- Troubleshooting in MATLAB Support Package for USB Webcams
- Detect and Plot Water Level with USB Webcam Live Editor Task
- Getting started using Webcam in MATLAB Online
For installation issues with this support package, contact MathWorks Technical Support.
This support package is functional for MATLAB R2014a and beyond.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2014a
Compatible with R2014a to R2023a
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Computer Vision Toolbox > Camera Calibration >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Device Connection >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Data Acquisition >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition in Simulink >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Computer Vision Toolbox > Computer Vision Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems > ROS Toolbox > ROS Toolbox Supported Hardware >
Find more on Image Acquisition Toolbox in Help Center and MATLAB Answers
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.