Interface / Standard
Keysight Instruments and MATLAB
Keysight Technologies (formerly Agilent Technologies) provides core measurement tools such as digitizers, function generators, multimeters, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers and generators, and vector signal analyzers. You can use MATLAB together with Instrument Control Toolbox as your single software environment to configure, control, acquire, and analyze data from Agilent instruments.
Once data is in MATLAB, you can make customized measurements, perform data analysis, generate arbitrary waveforms, and develop automated tests. You can also create graphical interfaces for collecting and analyzing your data and automating tests.
In addition, Agilent offers integration with MATLAB that enables user-defined measurements on select instruments and expands the ability of Agilent oscilloscopes to analyze signals.
Keysight Instrument Drivers
An instrument driver lets you communicate with your instrument using higher-level commands. MATLAB supports IVI and VXIplug&play instrument drivers and LXI-compliant instruments. To communicate with your Agilent instrument using an IVI instrument driver and Instrument Control Toolbox, install the IVI driver and then automatically create a MATLAB driver wrapper by following the instructions in the MATLAB IVI documentation. Some instrument drivers do not require a wrapper and can be used directly from MATLAB. Other IVI drivers have preconfigured MATLAB wrappers. See Using MATLAB with Agilent Instruments (7:58) to get started using Agilent instruments in MATLAB with IVI instrument drivers.
Find Keysight Instrument Drivers
- Instrument driver search tool (search by model name or number)
- Agilent IVI web site
- IVI Foundation driver registry
If an instrument driver is not available for your instrument, you can communicate directly with the instrument using SCPI commands over these communication protocols:
Data Acquisition Toolbox supports some data acquisition hardware from Agilent. For the complete list of devices supported by the toolbox, see the Data Acquisition Toolbox supported hardware.
Resources for Using MATLAB and Instrument Control Toolbox with Keysight (Agilent) Instruments
MATLAB Examples for Keysight Oscilloscopes
- Signal Filtering and Analysis Application for Agilent Oscilloscopes
- Segmented Data Capture and Analysis Using Agilent Oscilloscopes
- Building a MATLAB App to Acquire Data from an Agilent MSO6014A Mixed Signal Oscilloscope
MATLAB Examples for Keysight Signal Generators and Signal Analyzers
- Arbitrary and Standard Waveform Generation on Agilent MXG, ESG, and PSG Signal Sources Using MATLAB
- Agilent Waveform Download Assistant for MXG X-Series, PSG, and ESG Signal Generators Using MATLAB
- Data Visualization Application for Agilent EXA, MXA, PXA, and PSA Spectrum Analyzers
MATLAB Examples for Keysight Arbitrary Waveform Generators
- Agilent 33521b and 33522b waveform generator (AWG) applications – IQ Baseband Builder example application for all Agilent 33500b series function generators
- Agilent 33521b and 33522b waveform generator (AWG) – Arbitrary waveform function to send arbitrary waveforms to all Agilent 33500b series function generators using MATLAB software
Development of Custom Modulation and Demodulation Schemes Using Keysight Signal Generators and Signal Analyzers
- Agilent N8241A Arbitrary Waveform Generator (instrument driver)
MATLAB Examples for Other Keysight Instruments
MATLAB Videos - Getting Started Demonstrations with Keysight Instruments
Tell us about your Agilent or Keysight instrument, its model number, and the type of application you want to develop, or request additional information about Agilent or Keysight instruments. To request support for a specific instrument, include the instrument's name and model number.
Tell us about other protocols or standards you would like to use from MATLAB.
- Enter your email address
- Sign in or create a MathWorks Account
- Provide additional information
- Submit form