Verification and Testing
Tune parameters, compare simulation and generated code execution results, and analyze code performance
For system development, use the V-model continuous verification approach.
For rapid prototyping of subcomponents, run real-time, external mode simulations that enable you to monitor signals and tune model parameters in your target application.
In addition to Simulink® Coder™, you can use other products for code verification, for example, Embedded Coder®, Requirements Toolbox™, Simulink Test™, and Polyspace® products.
|Run on Custom Hardware||Run external mode simulations|
- Deploy Algorithm Model for Real-Time Rapid Prototyping
Deploy algorithm model for testing in real time.
- Deploy Environment Model for Real-Time Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) Simulation
Deploy environment model for testing in real time.
- External Mode Simulations for Parameter Tuning, Signal Monitoring, and Code Execution Profiling
Tune parameters, monitor signals, and retrieve execution-time metrics through communication channel between development computer and target hardware.
- External Mode Simulation by Using XCP Communication
Run external mode simulations that use an XCP communication channel.
- Graphical Controls for XCP External Mode Simulations
Hardware tab and External Mode Control Panel controls for XCP external mode simulations.
- External Mode Simulation with TCP/IP or Serial Communication
Run external mode simulations that use a TCP/IP or serial communication channel.
Code Execution Profiling
- Execution Profiling for Generated Code
Use code execution profiling to observe code execution speed.
- Log Program Execution Results
Log data to a MAT-file during execution of generated code.
- Simulation and Code Comparison
This example shows how to verify the answers computed by code generated from the
- Numerical Consistency of Model and Generated Code Simulation Results
Determine whether model and generated code simulation results are numerically consistent. Investigate discrepancies.
- Reports for Code Generation
Access the generated code files and information about the generated code with the code generation report.
- Analyze Generated Data Code Interface
Use the code interface report to see documentation of the generated code data interfaces, including model entry-point functions and interface data.