Manage Variant Modeling Components
Variant Manager is a tool that allows you to visualize the model hierarchy and centrally manage the usage of variant elements such as variant blocks and variant transitions across the hierarchy.
The tool is available as a support package named Variant Manager for Simulink® with these main capabilities:
Variant Manager — Visualize the model hierarchy, manage the usage of variant elements across the hierarchy, and create and manage variant configurations.
Variant Reducer — Generate a reduced model that contains only selected variant configurations.
Variant Analyzer — Compare and contrast variant configurations to identify errors or inconsistencies.
|Specify conditions that control variant selection|
|Create variant configurations programmatically|
|Create a variant control variable object|
|Create a variant parameter object|
|Access Variant Manager functionality programmatically|
|Analyze variant configurations programmatically|
Use a central tool to manage all variation points in a variant model.
- Variant Configurations
Use variant configurations to represent combination of variant choices across model hierarchy.
- Create and Activate Variant Configurations
Create and activate variant configurations for a model.
- Compose Variant Configurations for Top Model Using Referenced Model Configurations
Use referenced model configuration to set up variant configuration for a top-level model.
- Save and Reuse Variant Configurations Using Variant Configuration Data Object
Save and load variant configuration data object for a model.
- Generate Variant Configurations Automatically
Generate all possible variant configurations for a model.
- Variant Manager Workflow to Set Up Variant Configurations for Models
Workflow diagram to set up variant configurations for a model.
- Variant Manager Workflow to Manage Existing Variant Configurations in Models
Workflow diagram to manage existing variant configurations for a model.
- Reduce Variant Models Using Variant Reducer
Generate reduced models that contain a subset of the available variant configurations.
- Analyze Variant Configurations in Models Containing Variant Blocks
Analyze and compare variant configurations for a model containing variant blocks.