MATLAB Answers

0

How to delete a pushbutton with a given 'String' from a .fig file

Asked by Pankaj Jha on 20 Apr 2019
Latest activity Commented on by Pankaj Jha on 21 Apr 2019
Hi
I am making a GUI. There is one problem .
I have a pushbutton with 'string' of 'Calculate'. A copy of this pushbutton ( with 'string' of 'Calculate') appears when I run the .fig file undesired.
But I cannot see this unwanted pushbutton in the .fig file, so I am unable to delete it.
How to delete the this unwanted pushbutton ???
Plz help.

  3 Comments

Pankaj - can you attach the fig and m file? (I'm assuming this is a GUI that you have created with GUIDE.)
I know the 'Current Point' of the unwanted pushbutton.
It is [1258 481]
Dear Geoff Hayes ...
Thanks for ur reply.
PFA the attached files.
Once you run the .fig file, you will see the unwanted pushbutton on the top right hand edge of the gui.

Sign in to comment.

1 Answer

Answer by Geoff Hayes
on 20 Apr 2019
 Accepted Answer

Pankaj - yes, I see that button. I also see, in your m file, lots of pushbutton callback function that have no bodies which seems to suggest that your GUI has had a number of pushbuttons that were added and deleted. In this case, pushbutton28 seems to be linked to that unwanted callback (I put a break point in all pushbutton callbacks and this one is caught when pressing the calculate button).
If, in the GUIDE GUI editor, right-click on your open figure and select the Object Browser from the pop-up menu. Look in this list for pushbutton28 (it is near the buttom, in uipanel23). Try selecting it (from the browser) and you should see it appear in the panel (or at least you might see part of the button appear. Delete it, save, and then re-launch your GUI.
Note that I had problems saving the GUI when I deleted the button. Perhaps that is just because of my version of MATLAB (R2041a).

  3 Comments

Thanks a ton.
Your solution worked.
Can you plz explain how did you do this. Plz elabrote on
"I put a break point in all pushbutton callbacks and this one is caught when pressing the calculate button"
Thanks
glad it worked. so in your m file there were a dozen or so callbacks for pushbuttons. for those that had code, i put a breakpoint. for those that didn't (which i assumed to be unused buttons) i put in a dummy line of code (like x=1) and added a breakpoint for that line. when i launched your gui i pressed the unneeded button to see which breakpoint would be hit.
Yep... great solution...
Thanks ...

Sign in to comment.