- Open Terminal.
- Enter this command: open /Applications/MATLAB_R2021a.app/Contents/MacOS/
- In the folder that opened, control-click the MATLAB file and choose Make Alias.
- Drag the new alias to your desktop.
- From now on, to launch MATLAB, double-click your new alias.
Matlab 2021a on Big Sur 11.3 Freeze
37 vues (au cours des 30 derniers jours)
Siddhart Parida le 27 Avr 2021
I am on M1, Big Sur 11.3 and 2021a. Using run from editor is really slow and often matlab freezes when I run the editor. In general, the editor is very very slow. I see the same thing on my intel mac too (2021a, Big Sur 11.2).
Any help regarding this would be greatly apreciated.
Matlab Enthusiast le 14 Août 2021
Based on Walter Roberson's answer, making a new desktop alias to the MATLAB executable has worked for me so far:
macOS Big Sur
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
Chip Apple M1
MATLAB R2021a, downloaded Aug 14, 2021
Plus de réponses (3)
Shadaab Siddiqie le 30 Avr 2021
From my understanding for you MATLAB is freezing on Big Sur 11.3. This might be due the simultaneous launching of MATLAB Editor at startup. These troubleshooting steps might help you to solve the issue.
1) Initiate MATLAB with -nodesktop flag
2) Run the commands:
>> s = settings;
>> s.matlab.editor.InitializeAtStartup.PersonalValue = 0;
3) Quit -nodesktop MATLAB and launch desktop MATLAB.
Hasan Beytur le 19 Sep 2021
I updated to Big Sur 11.6 and Matlab 2021a Update 5 is running more stable than before.