Highlights
Suivre

Le sondage est CLÔTURÉ

Sondage

What type of music do you listen to while coding? Share your playlists in the comments!

Ambient | Atmospheric | Nature
9%
Classical | Jazz | Musicals
10%
Electronic | Dubstep | House | VGM
15%
Lo-fi | Chill | Coffee House
22%
Rock | Metal | Pop | Punk | Hip Hop
27%
Other | Podcasts | Nothing
17%
753 votes

Asad Mirza
Asad Mirza le 7 Nov 2022
A lengthy anime music playlist, I generally just let YouTube decide the next song and it tends to have good taste.
Hans
Hans le 24 Mar 2022

I exclusively listen to sounds emulating the brain wave frequency when the mind is thinking and concentrating on solving problems.

e.g. this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh-dcCeR-r4

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 24 Mar 2022

Nice! I have a few binaural beats on my playlists, too.

YC
YC le 20 Fév 2022

I rather dislike music in the presence of activities that require lots of brain power. Absolutely no music & no podcasts allowed when coding, calculating, sketching, writing, or proofreading. Music is only allowed for relatively automated activities - like turning an outline into a first draft, or coloring lined drawings.

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 20 Fév 2022

Interesting! I feel the same way with music that contains lyrics or hard rhythms. But I bet 90% of the answers I've contributed in the forum were constructed while listening to music in categories 1 or 4 of the poll. I have tinnitus so silence is distracting.

Roy Wolf
Roy Wolf le 17 Fév 2022

Jim's Big Ego - Stress

just loop it until you pass out.

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 17 Fév 2022

He needs more coffee ☕ 😄

Aryan Ritwajeet Jha
Aryan Ritwajeet Jha le 16 Fév 2022

Shouldn't such an open ended question have checkboxes instead of radio buttons? For example, I listen to hip-hop, but also edm and kpop.

DGM
DGM le 11 Fév 2022

I listen to way too many things to be able to even choose one. I'd post my main playlist, but anyone would get lost in it even easier than I do.

Today has been a bunch of Electric Skychurch, soon to roll into Emeralds.

Image Analyst
Image Analyst le 10 Fév 2022

Mostly classic rock from the 70's and 80's (Led Zeppelin, Journey, etc.). Occasionally listen to pop from 1990 up to modern times, rock from 1960's, or the more famous well known classical music pieces. Mostly use Spotify.

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 10 Fév 2022

I saw Journey play in concert in 2006, at the Cincinnati Riverbend music center. They played with Def Leppard. Great concert.

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 10 Fév 2022

Ambient | Atmospheric

Lo-fi

Other

DGM
DGM le 10 Fév 2022 (modifié(e) le 11 Fév 2022)

Any Robert Rich in there? Somnium is one of my favorite albums (if I dare to claim I have favorites). Someone recently turned me on to Keosz. It had been a while since I went down the dark ambient rabbit hole, so it was a refreshing change at the time.

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 11 Fév 2022

I just listened to a few of his tracks. I'd classify it as ambient. Similar to a lot of stuff I listen to.

Adam Danz
Adam Danz le 10 Fév 2022 (modifié(e) le 10 Fév 2022)

Since polls are limited to 6 options and options contain character limits, I had to leave a lot of great options out (R&B, Folk, Country, Indi, Funk, Reggae, Latin, Disco, k-pop, trap, etc).

Looking forward to seeing some shared playlists!

See more polls .

Ned Gulley
Ned Gulley le 10 Fév 2022

Definitely would love to see people's playlists! I used to never listen to music while coding. Too distracting. But a co-worker got me started listening to John Digweed. Steady, rhythmic, and it doesn't grab for your attention.

Image Analyst
Image Analyst le 12 Fév 2022

I checked out John Digweed. He does have some catchy rhythms.

Tags

Aucun tag saisi pour le moment.