view3d Interactively rotate, zoom and pan the view of a 3-D plot
VIEW3D ROT turns on mouse-based 3-D rotation
VIEW3D ZOOM turns on mouse-based 3-D zoom and pan
VIEW3D OFF turns it off
VIEW3D(FIG,...) works on the figure FIG
Double click to restore the original view
- hit 'z' key over the figure to switch from ROT to ZOOM
- hit 'r' key over the figure to switch from ZOOM to ROT
in ROT mode:
- press and hold left mouse button to rotate about screen xy axis
- press and hold middle mouse button to rotate about screen z axis
in ZOOM mode:
- press and hold left mouse button to zoom in and out
- press and hold middle mouse button to move the plot
Inspired by rotate3d by The MathWorks, Inc.
Tested under MATLAB 5.2
Torsten Vogel (2019). view3d.m (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/334-view3d-m), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Thanks for that contribution. I added the simple feature to switch between the modes "rot" and "zoom" by clicking the right mouse button.
Added the following after line 161 and after line 171, respectively:
Exactly what is required for viewing 3D plots.
Very neat. Replace 'extend' with 'alt' in both places if you've only got a two-button mouse. Pan seems to go a bit unstable if you drag right to the edge of the screen.
Exactly what I was looking for. Great!!
My GUI can compile and become a executive program with view3d!
very good, but before usage try this:
this will stop the flickering of the plot.
It's very nice to be able to manipulate plot views via the mouse.
Provides flexible mouse control of 3-D view- but a dry description of functionality doesn't do it justice. VIEW3D is very nice, very pretty.