NCCMP compares two netcdf files and prints the differences. This function is useful for testing mathematical forecasting or prediction models.
ncfile1 - name of the NetCDF file to compare
ncfile2 - name of the NetCDF file to compare
tolerance - Compare numeric data using a tolerance threshold
forceCompare - if false, exit when first difference is found
true: continues to process all variables
1. Print the differences and their locations
2. Exits when first difference is found or optionally continues to process all variables
3. User defined tolerance threshold to compare the variables
1. Specific variable inclusion or exclusion
2. Specific attribute inclusion or exclusion
3. Option to ignore the history attribute
4. Ignore difference between values that have different missing values etc
Durga Lal Shrestha (2022). Comparing two NetCDF files (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47857-comparing-two-netcdf-files), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!