Control ZEN Blue and the microscope from MATLAB
Updated 19 Sep 2016
This example illustrates the possibility to control the ZEN Blue microscope control software from within a MATLAB script via the COM interface. This allows using the ZEN Python scripts as an integral part of an M-File.
The ZEN OAD (Open Application Development) API can be imported into MATLAB and allows automating the complete workflow including the image acquisition from MATLAB.
- ZEN is used as an image acquisition machine
- the experiment is started directly from within MATLAB
- the resulting CZI file is imported via BioFormats
- the image analysis is done in MATLAB
Sebastian (2023). Control ZEN Blue and the microscope from MATLAB (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/50079-control-zen-blue-and-the-microscope-from-matlab), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Sciences > Biological and Health Sciences > Biomedical Imaging >
- MATLAB > External Language Interfaces > Python with MATLAB > Call Python from MATLAB >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.