By interfacing user-friendly aircraft modeling with rapid aerodynamic analysis, this program visually depicts how various design parameters affect the way an airplane flies. A video demonstrating some of the code's capabilities can be found on the MathWorks website at https://www.mathworks.com/videos/matlab-and-simulink-robotics-arena-building-interactive-design-tools-1509569729395.html.
In addition to built-in, linearized stability approximations that are updated every time the aircraft model is adjusted, the program interfaces with the following software for more advanced analysis:
• Digital DATCOM – U.S. Air Force
• Tornado Vortex Lattice Method – Tomas Melin (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
• AVL (Athena Vortex Lattice Method) – Mark Drela and Harold Youngren (MIT)
This program also gains added functionality from the following open source software:
• DATCOM Plot Interpolation Functions – Prof. Glenn Greiner and Lenny Gartenberg (ERAU, Daytona Beach, FL)
• AVL Input/Output Functions – Joseph Moster (Mathworks File Exchange)
• Datcomimport – MathWorks Aerospace Toolbox – loads DATCOM "for006.dat" file
• NACA456 – Ralph Carmichael (PDAS) – calculates NACA 6-series airfoil ordinates
Please refer to the documentation for information regarding how to use the program (Help > User's Manual)
Is there a way to import bodies such as an airfoil or pre-designed fuselage?
This is a great piece of code! Is it for real? ;-) Keep up the good work.
I just can't get this to work under 2018b. Loads of Ui callback errors. No fuselage Is this a free-standing app or is there something else that I need? Can't seen to get the appropriate "range.m".
Greatful for any help.
Fixed issue loading PDF documentation in Windows.
Added link to video in description.
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.