- Figure/axes reproduced as it appears on screen
- Cropped/padded borders (optional)
- Embedded fonts (vector formats)
- Improved line and grid line styles
- Anti-aliased graphics (bitmap formats)
- Render images at native resolution (optional for bitmap formats)
- Transparent background supported (pdf, eps, png, tiff, gif)
- Semi-transparent patch objects supported (png, tiff)
- RGB, CMYK or grayscale output (CMYK only with pdf, eps, tiff)
- Variable image compression, including lossless (pdf, eps, jpg)
- Optional rounded line-caps (pdf, eps)
- Optionally append to file (pdf, tiff, gif)
- Vector formats: pdf, eps, emf, svg
- Bitmap formats: png, tiff, jpg, bmp, gif, clipboard, export to workspace
- For a list of available options, run: help export_fig or: doc export_fig or read here: https://github.com/altmany/export_fig/blob/master/SYNTAX
- For usage examples, tips and detailed explanations, read https://github.com/altmany/export_fig/blob/master/README.md
- A technical description of the various components can be found at https://undocumentedmatlab.com/articles/export_fig
- Background color and figure dimensions are reproduced (the latter approximately, and ignoring cropping & magnification) in the output file. For transparent background (and semi-transparent patch objects), use the -transparent option, and set the axes 'Color' property to 'none' where desired. Only some image formats support a transparent background, and only png/tiff support transparency of patch objects.
- When exporting to vector format (pdf & eps), and to bitmap using the painters renderer, ghostscript (http://ghostscript.com) needs to be installed on your system
- When exporting to eps, the pdftops program, a part of the Xpdf package, also needs to be installed. You can download this from http://xpdfreader.com
- This submission was originally created by Oliver Woodford. Yair Altman maintains this utility since Jan 2015.
- A single textual ad message is displayed once a week. I have no intention of removing the ad; if you don't want to see even a single ad once a week, don't use the program.
Yair Altman (2022). export_fig (https://github.com/altmany/export_fig/releases/tag/v3.27), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: MakeMovie, DT QP Project, Constitutive model of shape memory alloys, surface2tikz(fighandle,filename,varargin), Spectral stochastic finite element method: 1D Euler-Bernoulli beam example, expandaxes, Crack Monitor, LaTeX Output Classes for MatLab, fig2img, copyUIAxes, ExportPngInkscape(filename,dpi,handle), Mosaicator, Antarctic flight planning tools, WITio, Online portfolio selection with transaction costs including market impact costs, imageslices, PM Architectures Project, Semismooth* Newton method for contact friction problems, Simulation of von Kármán viscoelastic plates, Tight subplot with units in centimeter, efigure, matlab-save-figure, polarG(start_complex,end_complex,arrow_length,arrow_angle,colour_code,line_width), Microscopy Image Browser (MIB), Microscopy Image Browser 2 (MIB2), alexludwigklein/MATLAB-Videos, Plot multiple surfaces multisurf(x,y,z,color), Matlab Icon for Linux (with Transparency), MAGIC - MATLAB Generic Imaging Component, append_pdfs, Google Earth Overlay, Multiple Colormaps, EPS Utility Toolbox, Export figure to 3D interactive PDF, Co-Blade: Software for Analysis and Design of Composite Blades, Color Checker Chart, Save figure to file, choose the dimensions and crop figure, jrichter24/toPPT, Simulation of Random Walk, Multiple Page PDF, JCDstatusPlot, XivelyRead, imsavecircles, PlotPub - Publication Quality Graphs in MATLAB, Laser, Filters and CMOS-Imager Calibration, Philips Hue Lamp Controller, HCPARULA: High Contrast Parula-like Colormap Generator, bibget, Export Figure Widget (efw), export_tex, Causal State Modeller Toolbox, Machine learning - balancing a stack of balls, Fast and efficient spectral clustering, latexfigure, FIGUREMAKER - Publication quality figures with matlab, TeloTool - Terminal Restriction Fragment Analysis
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!